Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform The Requested Operation: SFC Scan Now Command tool is very important in terms of using computer; because this is a tool which will help you find the problem and will typically try to solve it too.
So if anything goes wrong with your computer or maybe your function of Windows fails or maybe it crashes, what anyone or we would recommend you is to run the SFC Scan Now Command.
This tool is very helpful in finding your problem because this basically is a system file checker which is very handy tool.
What this will do is it will scan your Windows system file and will find out if there is any damage or any corruption problem in your files.
It will find the issues and also it will typically fix the file and also will try to solve the problem.
But what if of SFC Scan Now is not working properly on the windows and it is showing error message which is windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.
What will you do in such situation?
So continue reading the article to know how you can fix windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation issue and you can know the reason behind this cause.
Before getting started with the solution of the problem, let’s first find out why the problem occurs in first place.
Let us see what is the reason behind the windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation error.
When the time comes and your Microsoft is not coming out directly or it is showing you the error of windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation which is SFC Scan Now error, so here below we have mentioned few reasons why they may pop up.
- Maybe it occurs due to the Windows server error.
- It may have caused due to SFC Scan Now Command tool malfunctioning or it can also sometime prevent or conflict with the access can and it not provide complete check.
- It is also possible of not performing the operation which I have requested because then might be something wrong went happen with your SFC Utility tool or there is also the possibility of the disc causing failing to scan.
Let’s see the solution of how you can fix windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation error.
Here below we are mentioning you few solutions which will help you in fixing your error message.
If you have tried running the SFC Scan Now Command tool very often but still you are failed to scan. No need to worry just try our below mentioned methods and you will be good to go.
Method 1: Run a chkdsk of your hard drive.
- Very first in the beginning you should see that your hard drive is in which condition and you can scan it with a chkdsk scan.
- It is very important step you do not need to because before getting started you just need to know that if your disc is damaged or corrupt having files on it.
- So you will get the issue of the error so here we have mentioned few steps through which you can learn how to run chkdsk on your Windows 10.
- You have to type command prompt from the computer search
- Then, you need to right click on the command prompt and you have to run it as an administrator.
- Thereafter in command prompt you have to type chkdsk c:/r and then you have to wait until.
- There after you need to press Y to confirm and to hit run on restart.
- Once done you need to restart your computer which will allow chkdsk to run it scan.
Give your attention in replacing C drive where your system files are located because in successfully checking chkdsk are they might find few errors and fixes them. So that your SFC can start working so you need to retry to confirm it.
Also Check, Discord Update Failed On Windows 10 [*Fixed*]
Method 2: You need to run your SFC Scan in a safe mode.
After following the above method, and still you are not getting your problem solved in that it is a reason that chkdsk is also run in failed and which not able to repair or help corruption corrupting stop to your present file.
- You still getting the error, so you try opening SFC scan in a safe mode.
- Here we do will give you steps on how you can do so.
- You need to type MSconfig from the computer search bar in you need to hit enter from the keyboard and have to wait until a popup open of system configuration window.
- Thereafter you need to click on the boot tab in area which will be basically on the general tab at the top.
- There after you need to check box for safe mode which will be under the boot options.
- There after you need to make sure that minimal is checked and then you have to hit ok and you need to apply.
- Now your computer will be restart in order to reboot.
- If you are running this on a safe mode then you have to run the SFC Scan again and you need to do the research on command prompt tool where you have to right click it from the administrator.
Then you need to open their after you need to type in SFC Scan Now and you have to enter. If still your issue is not solving and the error is getting popped up then you have to follow the below other method.
Method 3: You have to modify security description in WinSXS folder.
Now there’s a lot Windows system updates and their system files are stored in WinSXS folder.
- So if your Utility tool is not having access of this folder then there are chances that it fails and it shows the error message.
- So for doing so you we have mentioned you the following when you can modify the security options of the folder.
- What you need to do is you need to search command prompt from the computers and there you have to right click and you have to run it as an administrator.
Thereafter in command prompt you have to type ICACLS C:\Windows\winsxs and you need to reboot your computer as we have changed the description to make it an effect the following is you have to again try running SFC.
Method 4: You need to enable Windows modular installer.
In case if you have disabled the windows module installed on your computer then SFC scan will not work because this tool is one who checks and install all the windows update in your computer that also automatically.
So if you have disabled this then it may take system as a bug in which is causing the SFC to malfunction.
So here what you can do:
- You need to press the window key from the keyboard +R.
- Open the run dialogue box.
- There after you have to type services.msc and you need to hit ok on the dialogue box.
- There after you need to open Windows module installer and you have to go to the list and right click on it and you need to choose to restart it from the list.
After following this method you need to retry running SFC Scan Now Command to check whether it is showing the same error or not.
Method 5: You need to run recovery commands.
In case if you are still getting error after our following the all the above steps then you have to current boot version of your Windows which is updated and you need to boot into recovery mode.
This will maybe help you trying the issue just by enabling your SFC scan utility using command prompt.
So here below are the steps, you can do so which is
- You have to restart the computer using the power options.
- There after even your computer begins you need to go to the boot sequence by pressing f11 and you have to enter on recovery mode or you can also use a bootable USB drive.
- Thereafter once your recovery mode is open, you have to use command prompt from the list of the tools and you have to hit it on run.
- Once the command prompt is open and running successfully you have to type this sfc/SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=c:\ /OFFWINDIR=c:\windows
- Once you are done entering the command in the executed properly then you have to exit the recovery mode and you have to restart your computer in a normal mode.
- Then after you need to open the command prompt from the computer search and you have to run it as an administrator.
- Then you have to run the SFC scan command tool in order to check if the issue is still there are it has gone.
From the following methods and you are still the running it on automatic repair is not fixing your issue, then you cannot get any other solution of about to work then we will suggest you to install a fresh Windows.
We understand that it is a bit frustrating to get it started but you need to take a backup and you have to run it without any errors and apart from that following All the above methods you are still having any questions or any queries you can directly write us in the common sections and so that we can help you.